Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gertude Ham Hickman Barton memory

I recall a story that my Aunt Marie told me that her Mother had told her. Mr Hickman (Gertrudes first husband) and Mama ran a cafe and they had a waitress named Bonnie. A young man came around a few times that Bonnie became interested in. A short time later Bonnie left town with her new Beau, a man named Clyde. The rest is history as they made a name for themselves as the "Barrow Gang".

Maybe I can get Aunt Marie to write her account of this personally as her telling of it was more dramatic!

P.S. Weaver's cafes tended to be situated in areas that had a good people flow and served good food, and Marie recalls that her Mother told her that H.L. Hunt was a frequent patron.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Weaver Hickman and Jessie are my grandparents. My mother is Kathlyn Andres HICMAN.MY EMAIL jeffandres493@yahoo.com